Arts & Entertainment, Art
Drawing with salt and watercolors: description of technique, techniques and feedback
More and more original ways of creating paintings with children come up with inventors. Drawing with salt and watercolors is a new kind of creativity, based on the ability of salt to absorb colored pigments.
Drawing with children from two years old
Drawing with watercolor and salt, and glue for children from two years is a very interesting and creative activity. If you are properly prepared for work, then after such a lesson your child will always ask to repeat this miracle.
For work you will find useful:
- A packet of table salt;
- Clerical glue;
- Watercolor (preferably liquid)
- For such a creative drawing, you do not need to make stencils in advance, although you can print out any sketch with simple shapes if you want.
- Draw glue any pattern on the cardboard, for example, a flower or a vase.
- Put it in a baking dish and sprinkle well with salt. The form is needed not to scatter salt everywhere.
- After the glue is cold, shake off any excess grains.
- Dip the brush in the desired color. Gently touch the salt line and you will see how the color spreads along the contour.
- Use different colors in different parts of the picture, they will be very nicely mixed on the transitions.
- Fill all the glued lines with color and leave to dry. Before full drying can take one or two days.
Such paintings can be on any topic, for example, painting with salt and watercolors "Winter" will be a wonderful gift for New Year's relatives from young talent.
Bulk paint for children from 1.5 years
Drawing with salt and watercolors is suitable for any age, even for the youngest. From the age of 1.5, you can make the child a voluminous paint, which he can water directly from the bottle.
To create such a miracle of paint you will need:
- 1 cup of salt;
- 1 cup of flour;
- 1 glass of water;
- Multi-colored gouache or watercolor;
- Plastic bottle for extruding paint (can be taken from under the ketchup).
Now mix the salt, flour and water, pour out the resulting liquid into three containers and add the desired color to each. Reviews say that small children like to squeeze out such a mass on the cardboard, creating flickering pictures.
Option using wax pencils
This master class "Drawing with watercolor and salt" implies additionally using wax pencils. Suitable for older children, and if you choose a complex sketch, then for an adult such work will be to your liking.
- White wax pencil;
- Watercolor paints;
- Solid sheet A4;
- rock salt;
Having prepared all the necessary material, you can start drawing with salt and watercolors:
- Print a drawing or draw a sketch yourself. For example, we take a fox in winter.
- Wax pencil draw snowflakes and a contour of a chanterelle on a white paper.
- Wet the leaf and watercolor fill the sky, the moon, the clouds. You can use different shades to make the drawing more saturated.
- Before the painting dries up, sprinkle the sheet with salt, which will absorb the paint and sparkle.
- Allow the work to dry, then shake off excess salt.
Thanks to the wax contour snowflakes and fox did not merge with the background, and the salt added a fairytale luster to the landscape. Such work can be done as a postcard. It's not at all necessary to take a fox, you can spark any winter landscape with salt.
Master class for kindergarten
Educators in kindergarten often ask the question of how to diversify the creative activities of children, which are aimed at developing perseverance and attention. Thus, painting with salt and watercolors is perfect for different age groups of pupils.
For the craft, you will need:
- Colored paper;
- White (dense) paper of A4 size;
- PVA glue;
- glue stick;
- Watercolors and brushes;
- Water tank.
For the background, it is better to use colored paper of warm tones. Proceed to the work:
- We take white paper and add it four times and make a contour of the vase on one folded half.
- Cut it out and paste it on the background.
- We give the children stencils so that they cut out three circles - the core of the flowers.
- We paste them on the sheet so that there is room for the stems and petals.
- Now works with PVA glue. We paint stems and petals, as well as leaves of flowers.
- Then draw a glue on the vase. To do this, first outline the outline, then make a "mesh" on the general background of the vase.
- Copiously sprinkle with salt drawing, we wait, when will dry up and shake off an extra salt.
- When the salt and glue dry, go to coloring. To make the drawing bright, use different colors. Allow me to fantasize at this stage.
Saline solution with glue absorbs the paint well, so the colors will turn bright.
Master class "Butterfly"
It is possible and in another way to draw painting with salt and watercolors. A master class will help make a beautiful butterfly. Perform it will be on the same principle as the vase. Only the stencil must be cut out in the form of a butterfly.
Course of creativity:
- Paste the butterfly on the background.
- Draw a glue PVA contour and a pattern on the butterfly.
- Apply a layer of glue.
- When it dries, paint it.
Give the children the opportunity to prove themselves and let them make any pattern for a beautiful butterfly, do not forget to draw a mustache.
Effects of different types of salt
When you pour salt on the dried watercolor, it collects water and repels the pigment. Therefore, the kind of salt can produce a different effect (the reviews confirm this).
If you apply the option of small salt "extra", then you will get small points, similar to small snow or fog. The main thing in this technique is to catch the moment when the drawing is not quite wet, so as not to dissolve the crystals, but not dry, otherwise nothing will come out.
You can even use sea salt. With its help you can create various curls. Good for winter scenery, for example, if you want to draw a blizzard.
The use of such techniques is very wide, it all depends on your imagination. Suitable for almost all watercolor drawing options.
Techniques of drawing with watercolor paints
If you like to experiment in your work, then we suggest to see how the drawing technique with the help of watercolor can produce real masterpieces.
The very first method of applying paint is with brushes. It is common and it is known all from early childhood.
The second option, which seems to be a miracle, is shown to us by parents - the use of wax crayons. First, a sketch is drawn on the paper, and then the background is filled. The property of wax is to repel moisture, so the white streaks will remain in place of the stencil.
Another interesting option - bleaching paint. To do this, after applying the background, pat yourself in the right places with a tissue or toilet paper. Since the paint is not yet absorbed, you can, for example, draw a Christmas tree.
There are many techniques of drawing with watercolor (spray, sponge and others). We examined only a part of them, and also saw what remarkable effects can be achieved with the use of common salt. Reviews say that such unusual techniques are very popular with children.