Sperm cells are one of the most common disappointing diagnoses for men in the study of the reproductive capacity of the body. To understand the essence of the problem, it is necessary to delve deeper into the physiology and anatomy of the male genital organs. Let's find out what to do, if you have low-mobility spermatozoa, what to do in this situation.
Classification of asthenozoospermia
- The first degree - weakly mobile spermatozoa of class B and actively mobile class A make up 50%. With this form of loss of mobility of male sex cells, there is no violation of reproductive function. To remedy the problem, short-term pharmacological therapy is required.
- The second degree - actively mobile spermatozoa make up 30-40% of their total number. With this violation, the ability to fertilize remains.
- Third degree - in this case, 70% of the sex cells are sedentary spermatozoa. This is the most serious clinical stage of the development of the disease in terms of restoring the reproductive function of the male body.
The mechanism of movement of male germ cells
Movement of the spermatozoon occurs due to rotation of the flagellum around its axis. The limiting speed here is about 30 cm / hr. This is sufficient to overcome the distance to the fallopian tubes, where the female reproductive cell is fixed.
Inside the seminal vesicles, the spermatozoa are practically immobile. Their release is achieved due to a sharp reduction in muscle tissue of the genital organs. And the ability to fertilize, they acquire only after the connection with the secretion of the prostate gland during ejaculation.
Inside the fallopian tubes, the spermatozoa determine the desired direction of movement, focusing on the level of acidity, which is higher in the area of the female sexual cell. In this case, they move against the direction of the flow of bodily fluids.
Once in the uterine cavity, the male sex cells enter a fertile environment. Especially strong spermatozoa, which are characterized by increased mobility, are able to remain active in such conditions for several days.
Causes of pathology development
- Age features - as the results of special studies show, the higher the age of a man, the less active sex cells are produced in the body.
- Obesity - often leads to clogging of the sex glands, reducing the patency of the vas deferens.
- Consequences of diabetes mellitus - a lack of insulin in the blood leads to a slow recovery of the normal amount of active sperm.
- Hypertension of the arteries - the development of the disease causes a decrease in the flow of blood to the tissues of the body, which leads to an insufficient supply of oxygen to the genitals.
- Underdevelopment of the genitals - the infringement of the testicles, the slow work of the seed appendages, other problems of this kind give rise to sedentary spermatozoa.
- Venereal diseases - a decrease in the activity of male germ cells can be reflected in a whole mass of ailments that affect the urogenital tract.
- The effect of non-descent of testicles in the scrotum - pathology does not cause a lack of development of healthy spermatozoa, but can lead to their premature death, which is facilitated by a change in the temperature balance.
- Clogging of the seed-conducting pathways - leads to the ejection of insufficient quantity for the fertilization of spermatozoa during sexual intercourse. It leads to stagnation and death of healthy cells.
In addition, the decrease in sperm motility may be affected by: intoxication of the body with narcotic drugs, alcohol, nicotine, radiation exposure, varicose veins, effects on reproductive organs of high temperatures, traumatic testicles.
Change in chemical and physical sperm counts
The density of sexual fluids corresponds to the composition of the secret - substance, which is produced by seminal vesicles. If the sperm has an excessively liquid structure, the spermatozoa die prematurely, never reaching the female sex cell.
Another physical indicator, the change of which affects the mobility of male germ cells, is the amount of ejaculate produced. Insufficient amount of bodily fluid often causes disturbances in the work of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles. The same leads to a lack of nutrients that are required for healthy development and restore the normal percentage of sperm in the semen secret.
As for the change in the chemical indices of sperm, the most widespread phenomenon is the increased level of acidity of sexual body fluids. Observe such manifestations can occur with the development of inflammatory processes in the body. The result is often the destruction of germ cells in an excessively acidic environment and their premature death. Therefore, any inflammation of the tissues of the urogenital system requires timely diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Change in the morphology of spermatozoa
Why are sedentary sperm formed? The cause of the phenomenon lies in the change not only of their physical and chemical properties, but also of morphological characteristics, in other words, of the structure of the sex cells.
The anatomically adjusted form of spermatozoa is not accidentally stipulated by nature. It is oblong, streamlined outlines, as well as the presence of a rotating process, that promote the development of the sexual cell by the optimal speed during migration through the fallopian tubes.
Why are spermatozoa inactive? If to speak about the morphological reasons, here it is possible to note an elongation of their head, neck or calf. Often, due to systematic violations in the body, the sex cells are "born" with a shortened flagellum, which affects their ability to actively move.
Effect of alcohol dependence on the activity of spermatozoa
When alcohol is abused, not only does the mobility of the sex cells decrease, but also complete infertility sooner or later occurs. With the elimination of the root cause, in other words, the rejection of addiction, the activity of spermatozoa is restored soon enough in a natural way.
How to treat sedentary sperm with medication?
Any therapy should begin with the identification of the root cause of the development of pathology. If the disease is caused by sexual infections, in particular Trichomonas, treatment involves taking antiprotozoal drugs. Antibacterial agents are prescribed in case of infection with ureaplasmas.
With chronic intoxication of the body, after elimination of negative factors, vitamin and fortifying preparations are used. In addition, men are often prescribed regular physical exercises aimed at improving the work of the pelvic organs.
Specialists rarely prescribe the reception of chemical preparations, if it is necessary to activate sedentary spermatozoa. Treatment with medicines often involves the use of funds on a natural, plant-based basis. Among such drugs, there are several most effective and affordable options:
- "Sperm" - increases the viscosity of the sexual secretion. Gives the opportunity to become pregnant if the spermatozoa are inactive, and without negative consequences for the body.
- "Tribestan" - increases the life span of male sex cells. Has no side effects.
- "Verona" is a complex of enzymes synthesized from medicinal herbs, promotes abundant release of testosterone, which affects the quality of sperm. The drug does not break the hormonal balance.
Treatment by surgery
Abstention from sex
Strangely enough, to activate spermatozoa allows a short-term decrease in sexual activity. To ensure the development of mobile sex cells, it is sufficient to abstain from sex for 2-3 days. In this case, the fastest spermatozoa will be released during the first ejaculation.
Traditional methods of treatment
With low mobility of male sex cells, decoction of rose hips excels itself perfectly. Dried berries are poured with boiling water and insist for an hour. Use the drug 3-4 times a day. The positive effect of taking the decoction comes about after 2-3 weeks.